Determine How Users Reset Passwords
Once CA Identity Manager verifies a user’s identity in the Forgotten Password task, it performs one of the following actions:
- Redirects users to a screen where they can enter a new password. (default)
- Emails or displays a temporary password. Users can use the temporary password to log in to CA Identity Manager, where they are forced to set a new password.
To configure CA Identity Manager to display or email a temporary password, use the Forgotten Password task instead of the Forgotten Password Reset task.
The Forgotten Password task is associated with a business logic task handler, a Java object that forms custom business logic, which generates a temporary password.
By default, the Forgotten Password task displays the temporary password in the User Console.
To configure the Forgotten Password task to email the temporary password:
- In the Management Console, configure email notifications for the CA Identity Manager environment. See the Configuration Guide for instructions.
- In the User Console, choose Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Modify Admin Task.
- Select the Forgotten Password task.
- On the Profile tab, click Business Logic Task Handlers.
The Business Logic Task Handlers screen opens. The BLTHGenerateTemporaryPassword handler should appear in the list of handlers.
- Click the right arrow icon to edit the properties for the handler.
- In the Property field, click the minus icon to delete the ShowPwdOnScreen property.
- In the Property field, type in ShowPwdOnScreen again.
- In the Value field, enter:
- Click Add.
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.