Synchronize Endpoint Accounts with Account Templates
This task synchronizes an endpoint account after modification of an associated account template. For example, perhaps an Active Directory account has no groups, but the associated account template is defined to include groups.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the User Console.
- Select Tasks, Endpoints, Manage Endpoints, Check Endpoint Account Synchronization.
- Select an endpoint.
A screen appears showing accounts on that endpoint, associated account templates, and which attributes are not synchronized.
- Click Synchronize to make the attributes for those accounts match what is defined in the account template.
Changes that you make to account templates affect existing accounts as follows:
- If you change the value of a capability attribute, the corresponding account attribute is updated to be synchronized with the account template attribute value. See the description of weak and strong synchronization.
- Certain account attributes are designated by the connector as not being updated on account template changes. Examples include certain attributes that the endpoint type allows to be set only during account creation, and the Password attribute.
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.