Set Up the Forgotten Password Reset or User ID Task
The configuration steps are similar for the Forgotten Password Reset and Forgotten User ID tasks.
Follow these steps:
- Verify that the following items are configured in the Management Console:
Note: You can also configure the ForgottenPasswordHandler in the User Console. Click the Help button in the User Console for more information.
- In the User Console, do one of the following:
- To create a copy of the Forgotten Password Reset or Forgotten User ID task (recommended), select Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Create Admin Task. Select Create a copy of an admin task, and search for the task to copy.
- To modify the default task, select Roles and Tasks, Admin Tasks, Modify Admin Task. Search for the task to modify.
CA Identity Manager displays the tasks that match the criteria you entered.
- Select the Forgotten Password Reset or Forgotten User ID task.
- On the Search tab, click Browse to display a list of screens to edit.
- Select one of the following screens, and click Edit:
- Forgotten Password Search
- Forgotten User ID Search
- Configure the following based on your needs:
- Identification screen
Determines who a user is. This is the first screen that users see when they access the Forgotten Password Reset or Forgotten User ID tasks.
- Verification screen(s)
Presents one or more verification questions to users.
- If your system is set up to display one verification question at a time, enter the number of questions that users must answer to verify their identity.
Note: This option does not apply if you configure CA Identity Manager to display multiple verification questions on a single screen. For more information, see Design Verification Screens.
- Configure the criteria for locking the Forgotten User ID or Password task.
- Submit the task.
The configuration for the Forgotten Password Reset and Forgotten User ID tasks is similar.
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.