Create a Provisioning Role
You create a provisioning role once you decide about the role requirements:
- Which users need other accounts
- Which accounts are associated with the role
- Who the members, administrators, and owners of the role are
To create a provisioning role
- In the User Console, navigate to Roles and Tasks, Provisioning Roles, Create Provisioning Role.
For details on each tab, click the Help link on the screen.
- Complete the Profile tab. Only the Name field is required.
Note: You can specify custom attributes on the Profile tab that specify additional information about provisioning roles. You can use this additional information to facilitate role searches in environments that include a significant number of roles.
- Complete the Account Templates tab.
- Click an Endpoint Type, such as an ActiveDirectory.
- Click an account template.
The templates that you can click are based on Endpoint Type.
- Add more account templates as needed for different endpoint types.
- Complete the Provisioning Roles tab if you want to nest provisioning roles in this tab.
This step requires that you have enabled nested roles for this environment.
- Complete the Administrators tab by adding admin rules that control who manages members and administrators of this role.
- Complete the Owners tab by adding owner rules that control who can modify this role.
- Click Submit.
- To verify that the role was created, click Provisioning Roles, View Provisioning Role.
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.