Bulk Loader Considerations
You can use the Bulk Loader tab to upload feeder files that are used to manipulate large numbers of managed objects simultaneously. Note the following considerations when using the Bulk Loader:
- Consider scheduling large bulk loads during non-peak times, such as overnight. Large bulk loads can affect performance. In some cases, a bulk load that includes many sub tasks can prevent user submitted tasks from completing until the bulk load finishes.
- If the server goes down during a long-running task, such as uploading many objects, restart the task under View Submitted Tasks. When the task restarts, it begins from the last successfully executed record.
- If you are using LDAP as a user store with Solaris, the Bulk Loader can hang during an import. To fix this issue, see the Specify LDAP Connection Settings topic in the Configuration Guide and apply the settings that are outlined there.
- If you use the Bulk Loader to import a large number of users, you may see out-of-memory exceptions. To address this issue, tune the following heap size memory parameters:
- Using the bulk loader to manipulate many managed objects, such as creating many users, can affect performance. To improve performance, consider the following recommendations:
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.